- Assign 2 challenges
Knowledge Building Activity: Select a Prodigi
Fluency Practice: Select a Game
Extension Activity: Direct students to play Recommended challenges.
- Decide to have students complete a Reflection sheet while working or an Exit Ticket at the end of the lesson. Download templates
- Opener: Display the TEACH ME questions for the class. Students show answers on mini whiteboards.
- Set students off to work. Remind them that their goal is a Bronze medal and that most students earn a Bronze after 3 tries.
Knowledge Building Activity
- 10-12 min. Students play the Prodigi challenge. Optional: students analyze errors on the reflection sheet.
- Circulate while students work, monitoring the number of attempts and common errors for the mathematics/number talk or mini-lesson.
Mathematics/Number Talk or Mini Lesson
- Present common errors then facilitate students’ discussion to share strategies. Encourage the use of mathematical language.
- Present “I noticed…” problems if students are reluctant to share or to highlight specific strategies you wish to emphasize.
- 10-12 min. Students continue Prodigi challenge until they earn a Bronze or higher.
- Students who earned a Bronze or higher on the Prodigi challenge play the Game challenge or continue the Prodigi to improve their medal.
Exit Ticket and Data Analysis
- (Optional) Students submit the Exit Ticket.
- Teacher reviews students’ data to decide whether students need review or are ready to move forward.