Run a Class vs Class Mental Maths Mastery (and Times Table) Competition
Mental Maths Mastery supports mathematical learning and understanding. Children with a strong grasp of their mental maths skills tend to be more self-assured when learning new concepts.
Mangahigh's Mental Maths Mastery (and Times Table) Competition is an opportunity for students to challenge themselves, while learning and practising their mental maths (and times table) by completing a combination of adaptive quizzes and games. A Class vs Class format can help students stay motivated, raising the profile of mental maths (and times table) mastery across the school.
How does Mangahigh support your school?
During the 5-week competition period, students fast-track their learning by completing an extraordinary number of pre-assigned mental maths (or times table) activities. Students are rewarded with a lapel pin, and a mental maths (or times table) mastery licence, on completion of these set activities.
What activities will my students be working on?
Click to download
What age is this competition suitable for?
- Mental Maths Mastery - suitable for students aged 12-16
- Times Table Mastery - suitable for students aged 9-14
The competition costs $29 to join
You can include as many students as you like! We will send you an invoice, once you have completed the attached form, and send it back to us at email@example.com.
Students will have a period of 5 weeks to complete the preset Mental Maths (or Times Table) Mastery activities. Students will have a total of 8 weeks access to Mangahigh to explore additional games and quizzes.
Upon signing up, we will provide you with:
- student posters to promote the competition in your school
- student login details for 24/7 access, before competition starts
- mental maths mastery (or times table) booklet of worksheets (valued at $30)
- parent letter - to share with your parent community
- additional teacher logins
Criteria of competition:
- Multiple classes criteria - All students that have achieved 100% completion of pre-assigned activities, to a minimum of a Bronze standard, will receive a Mental Maths (or Times Table) Licence. The class with the most number of students that have earned a licence, wins the competition. All students in the winning class, will receive a lapel pin.
- Individual class criteria - In the event that only 1 class in the school participates in the competition, all students that have achieved 100% completion of all pre-assigned activities, to a minimum of a Bronze standard, will receive a Mental Maths (or Times Table) Licence, and a lapel pin.
What's in the Competition Rewards Pack?
- maths posters for all classes that participated
- Mental Maths Mastery (or Times Table) Licence for all students who achieve by completing all pre-assigned activities
- Maths Star lapel pins for all students in the winning class
- An additional 6 certificates (maths star) for each class to hand out at teacher’s discretion -the winners will get the black star lapel pin
How to Succeed on Mangahigh
On Mangahigh, successful completion of a mathematics activity is indicated by achieving a Bronze, Silver or a Gold standard.
This in converted into 'medal points':
- Bronze = 1 medal point
- Silver = 2 medal points
- Gold = 3 medal points
It is the accumulation of medal points during the competition period that place students (and schools) on the competition leaderboard.