How does Mangahigh align to the Growth Mindset approach?
Students with a Growth Mindset:
- believe that talents can be developed and abilities can be built over time
- view mistakes as an opportunity to develop resilience and believe that effort creates success
- be aware of how they learn
The Mangahigh teaching and learning model promotes mathematical growth mindset by providing opportunities for students to take ownership of their own learning - placing Growth Mindset into the core of their learning workflow. Here's how:
- "Challenges help me grow..." - Questions on Mangahigh's Prodigi learning quiz progressively get harder. Start at EASY, then MEDIUM, HARD and EXTREME. Students see their mathematical talent grow!
- "I'm using mistakes to help me grow..." - learn from mistakes, by clicking to review them before trying again!
- "Feedback is constructive..." - Click on 'Show Solution' , write down the solution in a reflection sheet/workbook. Once all mistakes have been reviewed, click play again.
- "I am inspired by the success of others..." - an aspirational leaderboard showing Top 5 students in each activity can help students try again and aim higher
- "My effort and attitude determine my abilities..." - Don't give up, play again! It usually takes several attempts to pass an activity. Everytime you play again, you get a different set of questions, and start at the level that was reached previously. Gradually work towards Hard and Extreme questions.
- "I like to try new things..." - Combine games that develop fluency, with Prodigi adaptive quizzes to develop deeper, more meaningful mathematical understanding and reasoning