Game Guide: Graphs of the Galaxy
MATHS SKILL COVERED
Plotting linear equations:
- Straight lines not through the origin, any gradient
- Straight lines not through the origin, integer gradients
- Straight lines through the origin, any gradient
- Straight lines through the origin, integer gradients
HOW TO PLAY
Use your skills to plot a linear graph that matches the line to destroy space debris. Change the gradient and y-intercept to correctly position the missile, before firing towards the space debris.
- Click on the gradient in the equation, and change it using the dial.
- Click on the y-intercept, and move the slider up or down to change the value
- Once you're happy with the positioning of the line, click FIRE
You have two attempts the answer the question. After this, it is auto-corrected, and another question is revealed.
For each level, reach the in-game goal and beat the target score to earn a medal (Bronze, Silver, Gold)
- In-game goal: Answer 1 Medium question in the first attempt >>> Target score >>> 135-294 points (B)
- In-game goal: Answer 1 Hard question in the first attempt >>> Target score >>> 295-509 points (S)
- In-game goal: Answer 3 Hard questions in the first attempt >>> Target score >>> 1800+ points (G)
The score is calculated as follows:
BASE SCORE: Players have 2 attempts to answer a question, otherwise it is auto-corrected. Players gain double the amount of points for answering the question correctly on the first attempt compared to their second.
- Answered correctly in first attempt - 10 points
- Answered correctly in second attempt - 5 points
- Incorrect (auto-corrected) - 0 point
DIFFICULTY: There are 3 difficulties per level.
- Players start on easy and move up to medium then hard.
- Correctly answer 2 questions in a row on your first attempt to go up a difficulty
- Get 2 incorrect in a row to go down
BONUSES: There are 2 different bonuses that can be obtained in the game, Speedy bonus and Medal bonus.
- Speedy bonus: 3 extra points for answering the question within 20 seconds
- Medal bonus: