Numeracy Skills with 'Jetstream Riders'
MATHEMATICS SKILL COVERED
- Basic to intermediate numeracy skills – single digit addition and double digit up to 20
- Division 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and combined 2-9
- Times table 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10
HOW TO PLAY
Use your numeracy skills to pilot hot air balloons through a course. There are two versions of this game:
- Teacher assigned version - answer as many questions as possible within 60 seconds
- Competitive free-play version - time your answer perfectly to stay in the 'jetstream' to ensure maximum velocity and race to the end of the course. This version is multi-player. Fly your balloon, ride the jetstream and get to the Finish Line before the other ballonists. Earn medals by completing each level within the target time, so that you can progress to new more exciting levels and pass them too. Collect coins and customise your balloon in the Shop.
Use your arithmetic skills to make your balloon rise, and time your answers so that your balloon stays in the Jetstream, where the wind is strongest. It is by causing your balloon to rise and fall according to the path of the Jetstream that you will make progress faster. You will need to learn addition, subtraction, multiplication and division to complete all 5 levels and become a master balloonist.
For the teacher assigned version, track progress towards a Bronze, Silver, Gold medals from within the game.
For competitive free-play version, complete the level and beat the target time to earn a medal (Bronze, Silver, Gold)
- Tennessee >>> Complete Tennessee + beat the target time >>> 02:00 minutes (B), 01:55 minutes (S), 01:47 minutes (G)
- Blue Sky / Stormride >>> Complete Blue Sky / Stormride + beat the target time >>> 02:00 minutes (B), 01:54 minutes (S), 01:49 minutes (G)
- Donut Joy >>> Complete Donut Joy + beat the target time >>> 02:03 minutes (B), 01:55 minutes (S), 01:45 minutes (G)
- Cosmos >>> Complete Cosmos + beat the target time >>> 02:15 minutes (B), 02:00 minutes (S), 01:48 minutes (G)
- Caverns >>> Complete Caverns + beat the target time >>> 02:15 minutes (B), 01:58 minutes (S), 01:45 minutes (G)